Autor Tema: Please help!  (Leído 4002 veces)

Desconectado Cowboy_fromhell

• Novato
Please help!
« : septiembre 10, 2013, 11:40:21 am »
Ive been to lima, many times but this will be the first time I plan on driving.  Which Garmin unit will work with your maps? Any thoughts on the following units?

Garmin Nuvi2595LMT
Garmin Nuvi2555LMT
Garmin Nuvi50LM

Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I can help improve the maps, I'd be happy to do so.

Desconectado jcc2

• Colaborador PERUT
Re:Please help!
« Respuesta #1 : septiembre 10, 2013, 02:02:50 pm »
Hi!

Any of the three GPS units you mention will work with the PeRut maps for Peru. Just make sure you have at least 50MBs of free space on the external SD card and you are good to go.

All you need to do is download the map for Peru form the FRONT PAGE; Look for DESCARGAS link, in the DESCARGAS page look for a folder/link MAPAS and inside the MAPAS page look for PeRut 4.10 Directo a GPS Garmin, download it (approx 42 MBs) and copy to sdcard/Garmin folder.

Good luck!
Juan Carlos

• Novato
« Respuesta #2 : septiembre 12, 2013, 10:55:24 am »
Thank you for your help.  I think I've done it right but I won't know until I get to Lima.  One more question: will I be able to input an address just like how I use my GPS here in the states?  Also in the current maps, are there any POI's?

Thank you

Desconectado jcc2

• Colaborador PERUT
« Respuesta #3 : septiembre 12, 2013, 11:48:32 am »
Yes, you should not have a problem looking up addresses as you do in the US. The only minor difference is that in Peru addresses are written NAME FIRST, then NUMBER ( for example: Av. Peru 147) so you will probably have to try both options and see which one works better in your GPS. If I recall correctly, my NUVI 1450LMT asks first for the NAME and then the NUMBER.

Regarding the POIs, the PeRut map has quite a large amount of POIs (70,339 in version 4.0) so that should not be a problem either.

You can try to see if the installation of the PeRut map is working by asking for a route from your current location to AV. La Encalada 1700; Monterrico - Surco; Lima, Peru (this is the actual address of the USA Embassy in Lima, if asked by the GPS just search Peru, All Cities).

Also, you can download the PeRut 4.10 version for MapSource and Basecamp, install it on your PC and from one of the two send it to your GPS. That way you can visualize the complete PeRut map in your PC.

Good luck!

Juan Carlos

• Novato
« Respuesta #4 : septiembre 12, 2013, 12:54:25 pm »
Thank you Juan for all your help. I have the nuvi 2455lm. When I check map info I see both north america and Peru 4.10. When I tried to input that address you said. It says can't find. Any thoughts

Desconectado David

• Grupo Mapas
  • Socio PERUT
« Respuesta #5 : septiembre 12, 2013, 02:53:24 pm »
As Juan Carlos suggested, try searching for the "Embajada de Los Estados Unidos" (US Embassy) at Av. La Encalada 1700 in Metropolitan Lima.   
You should find the following:

Although it is usually better to search by the name of the point of interest you seek. 
David A. Krause

Desconectado Kike_GL

• Administrator
  • Socio PERUT
    • Locuras 4x4
« Respuesta #6 : septiembre 12, 2013, 04:20:22 pm »
The same exercise you could make with POI "Embajada de Canada" (Canadian Embassy) or looking at the intersection of "Jose Galvez" with "Francisco Bolognesi" street on "Miraflores"
Saludos, Kike_GL

Desconectado jcc2

• Colaborador PERUT
« Respuesta #7 : septiembre 16, 2013, 09:52:26 am »
Hi!

When you mention you check map info and "see" PeRut 4.10 I imagine that it does have a green checkmark? (just checking! ;-) )

Something else you can try is go to the Map (it will show your current location in the US, and zoom out until you get to the basemap and then scroll down to sout america na once you are "over" Lima, start to zoom in...You should be able to see the atreets  in no time.

Good luck!

Juan Carlos