Autor Tema: Need English instructions  (Leído 6694 veces)

Desconectado johnlouis

• Novato
Need English instructions
« : agosto 21, 2012, 08:50:09 pm »
I want to download gps onto a 4 GB Flash Memory chip to plug into my Garmin in my car. I cannot read Spanish. Can you help? I am registered but all comes up in Spanish and I see no place to translate to English.

Desconectado David

• Grupo Mapas
  • Socio PERUT
Re:Need English instructions
« Respuesta #1 : agosto 22, 2012, 09:09:42 am »
John,
Please see:
http://www.perut.org/english.htm

And let us know if you have questions!
David A. Krause

Desconectado johnlouis

• Novato
« Respuesta #2 : agosto 22, 2012, 10:52:46 am »
Thank you for the instructions in English that tell me, for my MAC, to download Gmapi.zip, which I have done. Now what do I do? The download resides in my files. I have a 4 GB chip to install in my in dashboard Garmin. How do I get the maps onto the chip. What I have in my files on my MAC are:

Perut which contains Gmapi and other subfiles
Perut_392.exe
Perut-1 which also contains subfiles
Prepara.bat.exe

How do I get the appropriate one (or ones) onto the chip?

Sorry, I am so ignorant when it comes to this stuff. I appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you,
John

Desconectado David

• Grupo Mapas
  • Socio PERUT
« Respuesta #3 : agosto 22, 2012, 12:19:20 pm »
John,
Unfortunately, I am not a Mac user. Please see:
http://rickramsey.net/GPSM2.htm

If this is not clear, please indicate the problem, and hopefully a Mac user here can help!
David A. Krause

Desconectado johnlouis

• Novato
« Respuesta #4 : agosto 22, 2012, 01:54:26 pm »
Any MAc users out there who have downloaded Perut GPS files to a chip, to installing an in-dash GPS? I have the instructions but cannot seem to match up with what I have on my computer. I'd like to call somebody who can talk/walk me through how to do this. Please help!!! I'll call from my SKYPE (I'm in Peru) to anywhere. My personal email address is mail@exploreguatemala.com. Please send me your phone #. Or, if you'd prefer, you can call me on my SKYPE U.S. # 210-807-4442. Thank you

Desconectado jcc2

• Colaborador PERUT
« Respuesta #5 : agosto 22, 2012, 03:49:58 pm »
Hi John Louis..

Let me try to help....

If all you want is to install the Perut map to your Garmin in the car, (I am assuming it is a GARMIN NUVI GPS) please try the following:

1.- Go to PERUT website and look for DESCARGAS (Downloads) up left. In there you will find a folder MAPAS (Maps) with all the available maps for download.

2.-  Look for download called Perut 4.xx directo a GPS and download the file gmapsupp.img in to your MAC.

3.- In the root of your 4GB flash memory create a folder called GARMIN and then copy the file gmapsupp.img from the previous step into this folder.

4.- Install the flash memory in your Garmin GPS, the maps should now be available on your GPS.

Good luak,

Juan Carlos

Desconectado Kike_GL

• Administrator
  • Socio PERUT
    • Locuras 4x4
« Respuesta #6 : agosto 22, 2012, 03:50:32 pm »
We need to know which model is your Garmin GPS.

Perut_392.exe and Prepara.bat files are for Windows. Delete them.

To install map on a Garmin GPS you requires PERUT 3.92 directo a GPS is an gmapsupp.img file, that copied directly on the microSD card on the folder: /garmin, if not there create it.

To install the maps on MAC you requires Garmin MapInstall for MAC and the MAC format map called gmapi.zip.
Saludos, Kike_GL

Desconectado johnlouis

• Novato
« Respuesta #7 : agosto 23, 2012, 11:16:07 am »
Kike and Juan Carlos (and anybody else who can simplify this for me),
I have now called Kenwood and Garmin support and they tell me I MUST use a PC to download their updates (I want to be sure my Garmin is updated before I add any other software). I will try to locate a PC and buy a couple of discs to download their updates then put into my "in the dash" GPS unit to update. Once I have these updates completed I will begin the process of acquiring Perut. So far though, I am confused about whether or not to download Perut to my MAc or if I should try to do it on a borrowed PC. What would you do? Keep in mind that we are in Peru at the moment and will be here for at least a month before moving south.
Thanks,
John

Desconectado Kike_GL

• Administrator
  • Socio PERUT
    • Locuras 4x4
« Respuesta #8 : agosto 23, 2012, 01:12:50 pm »
The Kenwood car stereo has a microSD card slot ?
Please tell us, which model is your Kenwood device.

If the answer is not, you will communicate the Kenwood to the computer with a minUSB cable and transfer the Perut map to the internal memory of Kenwood.

All the maps in this project are completely free.
Saludos, Kike_GL

Desconectado jcc2

• Colaborador PERUT
« Respuesta #9 : agosto 23, 2012, 02:36:09 pm »
Hi again John Louis.....

Ok, now we know you have a Kenwood radio with a GARMIN GPS. and a slot for a 4 GBs Flash card... Unfortunately you don't tell us if you were able to follow the instructions we gave you yesterday (I sent you an email with my cell phone number as well) and if they didn't work...

A quick search on the forum shows that user gmedina has installed the peruvian maps on a KENWOOD/GARMIN radio GPS combo and it works just fine so maybe Kike can contact this user to check exactly how he madeit work.

Sorry I cannot be o more help.

Saludos,

Juan Carlos

Desconectado David

• Grupo Mapas
  • Socio PERUT
« Respuesta #10 : agosto 23, 2012, 03:43:53 pm »
John, you probably just have to download the gmapsupp.img file and copy it to your SD card.  The following instructions should work:

SD Card instructions:

1. Get an SD card (OR SDHC if your device supports it) and format it FAT or FAT32
2. Create a folder on the memory card called “Garmin”
3. Copy the downloaded IMG file into the Garmin folder on your SD card.
4. Make sure the IMG file is named gmapsupp.img on the SD card.
5. Insert the SD card into your Kenwood GPS.
6. Start the GPS and browse to Tools>Settings>Map>Map Info. (you should see the Perut maps listed and selected)
David A. Krause